[Samba] Cannot bind to AD using nslcd

Rob Mason rob.mason at acasta.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 09:42:24 MST 2014

<--snip-->

OK, can you confirm that you are using samba 4.1.11 from backports, you have
created the user 'nslcd-connect' in AD and you are trying to ssh into the AD
DC .

Rowland

------------------

Thanks again!

Yes - in this order:-

# apt-get install -t wheezy-backports samba smbclient krb5-config krb5-user
# samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive
# ln -sf /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf /etc/krb5.conf

Tested OK using:

# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.acasta.intra.
# host -t SRV _kerberos._udp. acasta.intra.
# host -t A kepler. acasta.intra.
# kinit administrator at ACASTA.INTRA
# klist

I am trying to ssh into my AD-DC box using a domain account (as a starter!)