[Samba] Windows 8.1 client not able to see and connect to samba server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 19 08:07:31 MST 2014

If he is unable to access the server by ip like \\192.168.1.1\  then im sure its windows authorisations which fails.

80004005 means access denied/insufficient rights/wrong permissions
and to confirm this try the following.

open you windows file explorer and type in the bar above \\Ip_of_server\  ( enter )
Now you get error 80004005

now klik on start and in the start menu type :  \\IP_of_server (enter)
I bet you now see error 0x80070035  ( the network path was not found )

can you test this and confirm this?