[Samba] Windows 8.1 client not able to see and connect to samba server

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 19 07:52:01 MST 2014

> The connection to \\ip.of.the.sambaserver\ is not working

Does this user on the pc has a password or not ?
	If so, are the username and passwords the same on samba and pc?

Are you trying to connect to the server over WiFi?

Are there old drive maps, if so, remove them and reboot the pc.

Seems strange but, try clearing the password in Internet explorer.

and try from a dos box to map a drive with user credentials.
BEFORE you try to access the server on any way and AFTER clearing the passwords in IE.

and report back

Greetz,

Louis