[Samba] Windows 8.1 client not able to see and connect to samba server

Eike Hinderk Jürrens e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Wed Nov 19 06:24:01 MST 2014

Hi Rowland and Louis,
I try to summarized the answers for both of your mails.

The failing client is able to ping the IP of the samba server.

I need to have complex security/permissions enabled:

- shares that group a can read and group b can read and write...

Regarding the security setting, I am not sure what to choose as man
smb.conf tells me that there is not share mode, only user, ads, or domain.

Hope this helps and kind regards,
Eike =: OP

--
Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849