[Samba] samba4 PDC, smbstatus provides no info

Roel van Meer roel at 1afa.com
Wed Nov 19 05:35:11 MST 2014

Rowland Penny writes:

>> > OK, two things pop out at me, you seem to be using the AD DC as a
>> > fileserver, this is not recommended
>>
>> Why is this not recommended? I haven't found anything about it in the
>> documentation.
>>
> See here: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO#Introduction

Is there more information about which "issues with the winbind internal to
the Domain Controller" there are, and what their effects are? Our goal is to
have *one* server, which acts as AD DC but also as fileserver. So far, I
haven't seen any problems, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Thanks,

Roel