[Samba] MacOSX 10.9.4 with Samba 4.1.11 and permissions weirdness

Bo Kersey bo at vircio.com
Tue Nov 18 17:25:12 MST 2014

Dan,
I've seen this behavior before, but I'm trying to duplicate it now and I can't....
I have a share setup exactly as you do:

And I'm copying files and directories to the share from OSX 10.10.1 and the file & directory permissions are as expected.  This is against sernet-samba 4.1.13.
I'm seeing SMB2 connections in wireshark between the Mac and the Samba server.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Bo