[Samba] samba4 4.1 wiki/explanation: dcerpc endpoint servers

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Nov 18 13:45:31 MST 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 21:34 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> I understand what you are saying and in an ideal world, I would tend to
> agree with you, but this is not an ideal world and people are trying to
> provision member servers.

When they're trying to setup a Member Server, they will look at the
Member Server Howto, where we have this information in bold:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server#A_note_on_provisioning

If they look at the _AD DC_ Howto, when they want to setup a Member
Server, they are completely at the wrong place and haven't understand
the difference of a DC and Member is.

I think, this information confuses more at this place.

Regards,
Marc