[Samba] samba4 PDC, smbstatus provides no info

Jakub Kulesza jakkul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 03:36:10 MST 2014

Hi! I have successfully managed to migrate my samba 3 NT domain from gentoo
to a fully operational samba 4 AD on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with roaming
profiles, MMC management and what not. Over 50 users log into that daily.

I've got a number of problems, but let's tackle them one by one.

When I try to use smbstatus to check who is using the server and what files
are being open, I'm getting:
[CODE]
# smbstatus

Samba version 4.1.6-Ubuntu
PID     Username      Group         Machine

Service      pid     machine       Connected at

/var/run/samba/locking.tdb not initialised
This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your server.
[/CODE]

[LIST]
[*] I cannot find locking.tdb in any of the samba directories,
[*] locking is enabled in smb.conf
[/LIST]

I've tried googling, with no results.

My smb.conf:
[CODE][global]
    workgroup = GPMV
    realm = my.realm.dot.com
    netbios name = PDC
    idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
    dns forwarder = 192.168.0.252
    server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind,
ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, dns, smb
    dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr, netlogon,
lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser, eventlog6, backupkey,
dnsserver, winreg, srvsvc
    client use spnego = yes

    locking = yes

[netlogon]
     path = /var/local/samba/var/lib/samba/netlogon
    #path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/biuro.gpm-vindexus.pl/scripts
    read only = No

[sysvol]
    path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
    read only = No

[profiles]
 path = /var/local/samba/var/lib/samba/profiles
 read only = no
 browseable = no

[some other shares follow]
[/CODE]

What can you suggest? What can I check? Or maybe latest samba does not
write locks to disk and stores them in memory to be read by some other tool?

--
Pozdrawiam
Jakub Kulesza