[Samba] MacOSX 10.9.4 with Samba 4.1.11 and permissions weirdness

Dan Mons dmons at cuttingedge.com.au
Mon Nov 17 17:09:13 MST 2014

On 18 November 2014 09:16, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> We did discuss this extensively on the list before
> removing it, and also requested user feedback, and
> as I recall we had only one use who expressed dissatisfaction
> (and removing these options cleaned up the code. A *lot* :-).

Fair enough.  I'm only a recent list joiner, otherwise I would have
been vocal at the time.  Server-side controls that force-override
foreign client setup are pretty important to how we work (not just for
Samba, but all of our infrastructure).  I long for an environment
where I control all of the connecting devices.

> When you log the bug can you attach a wireshark trace
> of a MacOSX client "misbehaving" to get incorrect
> permissions. That will help greatly to discover what
> we might be getting wrong.

Will do.  Thanks, Jeremy.

-Dan