[Samba] Samba 4 Restrict User Create

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Sun Nov 16 21:19:56 MST 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Well its your funeral, but I think you will find  it would be quicker and
> better in the long run to go down that path and it also opens up the path
> to Openchange.

SME Server is not trying to be a replacement for Exchange.  Openchange, and
SOGO, would likely never be included in the SME Server core distribution,
but perhaps an add-on module (contrib) at most

Right now my mission is Samba 4, not the email backend in SME Server.  I'm
doing my best to integrate Samba4 (with the help of several others) without
breaking a bunch of SME's other services.  Two of the things you said
wouldn't work with Samba 4, we've gotten working: 1) Supervising Samba4
with daemontools.  2) Running dnscache in front of Samba4 DNS.   There's
always more than one way to do most things and rarely is something
impossible.   We aren't going to sacrifice our reputation of being a solid
distribution with turnkey deployment just because it might be a little
easier to setup.  We'll spend the time it takes to do it right or we won't
do it.

--
Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali SME Server

SME Server user and community member since 2000