[Samba] Samba 4 Restrict User Create

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Sun Nov 16 00:56:03 MST 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmuehlfeld at samba.org>
wrote:

> Please give us a _complete_ description of the situation and the
> problem. It would really help us, to help you.

The problem is that SME Server does some user automated setup of user
accounts when a new users is created in with SME Server.  We user a event
triggering system to perform certain tasks in a structured manner when
something is performed in our server-manager.  Configuration parameters are
stored in a database and fed to the configuration of services using the
perl text::template perl module.  The templates allow for consistent and
structured configuration.

When a new user is created in our API, one of the actions that happens is
that we setup the email directory structure in the users home directory.
If a user is created with RSAT, then there is nothing to tell the SME
Server API to create this directory structure, so email is broken for that
user.  There's a little more to it than that, but that pretty much
summarizes the issue.

Thanks,

--
Greg J. Zartman
Board Member

Koozali SME Server

SME Server user and community member since 2000