[Samba] Samba 4 "Trigger" when user is created???

Bo Kersey bo at vircio.com
Fri Nov 14 14:35:17 MST 2014

Greg,
I had the same issue when trying to capture password changes (smb.conf 'passwd program' parameter) when we upgraded to Samba4.  There was no way to do it.  Previously we had disabled changing passwords using ctl-alt-delete on windows and directed users to a password changing web page that changed the passwords directly in LDAP and elsewhere.  Now, we can't disable password changing from Windows in Samba4 so we had to come up with another solution.

There is no way for you to stop the use of ADUC and force administrators to use your interface.  You'd have to block the LDAP port on the samba4 server and I'm afraid you can't really do that.

Cheers,
Bo