[Samba] Samba 4 chane Password

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Fri Nov 14 02:43:06 MST 2014

> Dear all,
>
> I tried a lot to have passwords changed and be the same passwords as before.
> How do I set the password policy in samba4 with samba-tool to set the new
> password the same as the old one?
> This are my settings for now:
>
> samba-tool domain passwordsettings show
> Password informations for domain 'DC=tplk,DC=loc'
>
> Password complexity: off
> Store plaintext passwords: off
> Password history length: 0
> Minimum password length: 5
> Minimum password age (days): 1
> Maximum password age (days): 60
>
> Greetings
> Daniel

Hello Daniel,

try that:

samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --complexity=off
samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --history-length=0
samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --min-pwd-age=0
samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --max-pwd-age=0
samba-tool domain passwordsettings set --min-pwd-length 0

Good luck,
Mirco.