[Samba] Samba 4 "Trigger" when user is created???

Greg Zartman gzartman at koozali.org
Thu Nov 13 00:20:33 MST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
wrote:

>>  Hi Greg, the whole idea of Samba 4 running as an AD DC, is that you
> cannot tell it from a windows AD DC, so as far as I know, there is no way
> to tell where the user was created or how.

Yes, but it isn't a windows server.  It is a *nix server that has software
to help it act in certain ways like a windows server.  We still want the
*nix box to do certain *nix things.  Quite often when we create users on a
*nix box, we setup several things in the users home directory for other
services like email, ftp, etc.   I'm researching the best way to perform
this setup for users created in the AD, but not by the Samba server itself.

One idea that came up on our bug tracker on this topic was "Can we put stored
procedures in the AD ldap ?"

Perhaps I need to get a better understanding about how the "Home" share
works and how this is used for users who only exist in the AD.

Thanks,

Greg