[Samba] ntlm_auth NT_STATUS_INVALID_WORKSTATION Question

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 11 07:36:37 MST 2014

Few questions.

1) Does the proxy server has and A and PTR record
2) Did you enable the windows authentication in the browser
3) did you add the domain in the local intranet sites.
4) you cannot use "transparent" with authenticaion. ( wel you keep getting a popup )

and go read :
https://community.zarafa.com/pg/blog/read/18332/zarafa-outlook-amp-webaccess-sso-with-samba4
yes no proxy, but all the pointers you need.
for the squid host you need the HOST and HTTP spn.

This is what i have on my proxy. ( not kerberos but ldap auth )

##  squid-01-01-auth-AD.conf
## AUTHENTICATION TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY
#
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/basic_ldap_auth -R \
        -b "OU=domain,DC=internal,DC=domain,DC=tld" \
        -D ldap-bind at internal.domain.tld -W /etc/squid3/private/ldap-bind \
        -f (|(userPrincipalName=%s)(sAMAccountName=%s)) \
        -h dc1.internal.domain.tld
auth_param basic children 50
auth_param basic realm domain Secured Internet Proxy
auth_param basic credentialsttl 3 hours

# Basic Ldap auth as fallback authentication
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid3/basic_ldap_auth -v 3 \
         -b "dc=internal,dc=domain,dc=tld" \
         -D cn=replicator,dc=internal,dc=domain,dc=tld  -W /etc/squid3/private/ldap-bind \
         -f uid=%s ldap.internal.domain.tld
auth_param basic realm domain Internet Proxy.
auth_param basic children 50
auth_param basic credentialsttl 3 hours

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

Kerberos is next to be tested, but same as you im waiting for samba 4.2
or if you run debian you can use samba 3.6 for the winbind auth. that the first im going to test.

Above it running on debian wheezy with squid 3.3.8 ( backported from Debian jessie )

Greetz,

Louis