[Samba] SambaPosix tool

Lars Hanke debian at lhanke.de
Tue Nov 11 06:39:43 MST 2014

Am 06.11.2014 um 13:18 schrieb Rowland Penny:
> On 06/11/14 11:15, Lars Hanke wrote:

Following Rowland's comments I extended the tool:

- support for pure LDAP, AD, and hybrid (i.e. AD + objectClasses)
- in AD mode perform bookkeeping of maxUID / maxGID and pick proper auto
values, when a new user / group is garnished with POSIX
- 'fix' command to sanitize accounts according to chosen scheme, or even
switch schemes for the entire LDAP

./SambaPosix.py --ADUC should now create ADUC entries

Things to do:

- an interactive mode for making account POSIX accounts
- a configuration file, which can hold default profile and templates
- documentation
- packaging

Regards,
  - lars.