[Samba] Problems with the "NetBIOS Name" - Nothing appears Machine Network!

Henrique Fagundes henrique at linuxadmin.com.br
Sun Nov 9 15:52:41 MST 2014

Dear,

Good night and good Sunday everyone!

First I would like to apologize because I am Brazilian and my English is
terrible!

I've been through this e-mail, humbly appeal to solidarity you have to
solve a little problem that comes taking me sleep a few days ago.

What happens is that implemented a Samba4 to the role of the AD
Microsoft. I made this implementation using a Debian 7.7.7 i386.

I chose not to compile Samba4 then used repositories "wheezy-backports".

The packages were installed in 4.1, as shown by the output dpkg, this txt:
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/dpkg.txt

I made the settings following the instructions of official documentation
(WikiSamba) and the solution complies well with their roles. I opted to
use the BIND 9.9.5 (also installed wheezy-backports repository), as you
can check the output of dpkg:
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/bind9.txt

Here are the configurations generated by samba "samba-tool" command:
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/smb.conf.txt

Obviously I made some adjustments for them to meet my needs, but nothing
about natural.

And here are the settings for Kerberos:
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/krb5.conf.txt

Within this scenario, ALMOST EVERYTHING is working as expected. am by
using commands Samba4 to manage the 'A' DNS entries, it is more than
comodo use the BIND configuration files.

Now for the problem that comes taking me sleep: NOT MUCH FAITH WITH THE
SERVER (NETBIOS NAME) APPEARS IN NETWORK ENVIRONMENT MACHINE, BE
INDEPENDENT OF WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 7 OR UBUNTU REGARDLESS TO BE OR NOT
TO BE IN THE AREA.

SEE THE ATTACHED or here:
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/Rede1.jpg
http://temporario2.aprendendolinux.com/samba4/Rede2.jpg

MACHINE "SEKTOR" DOES NOT APPEAR FOR NOTHING.
The windows machines are on the network settings all correct:

IP: 192.168.0.X
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1 (Samba4)
WinsServer: 192.168.0.1 (Samba4)
DNS: 192.168.0.1 (Samba4)

But does not appear in the network environment for nothing! I no longer
know what to do!
The only thing missing for me to conclude that my implementation!

Does someone have any idea what might be happening?

Now, I would be very grateful if anyone can help!

Atenciosamente,

Henrique Fagundes
henrique at linuxadmin.com.br
Skype: magnata-br-rj