[Samba] sysvolcheck

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 12:37:32 MST 2014

I get this error when I run samba-tool ntacl sysvolcheck
ProvisioningError('%s ACL on GPO directory %s %s does not match expected value %s from GPO object' % (acl_type(direct_db_access), path, fsacl_sddl, acl))

There are two GPO directories.
One is the Default Domain Controllers Policy
and one is the Default Domain Policy

It looks like it's the Default Domain Policy that's giving me the problem -- the directory name matches the dn and sysvolcheck doesn't mention the other Policy directory at all

I have run samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset which reports nothing.
You'd think sysvolreset would fix or report unfixable an acl problem that sysvolcheck detects.
what can I do? delete and recreate? once I start using GPO's I will rsync this directory to my other domain controllers as directed, but I don't want to do it or start using GPO's until this is fixed.