[Samba] Samba_internal dns Ubuntu 14.04.1LTS

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 07:42:53 MST 2014

On 07/11/14 14:14, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:

>> When using Ubuntu 14.04 as the Samba4 ADDC what is the correct settings?
>>
> Install debian 7.5 and samba from backports :-D
>
> LoL.. .almost correct Rowland..
>
> Install debian 7.7 and samba from sernet :-P
> imo sernet samba is the best on debian.
> i had problems with samba 4.1.11 from backports when joining an extra DC.
> i missed some dns entries, should be fixed in the next 4.1.12 or 13 on backports.
> 4.1.13 is in Debian Jessie, so should not take long anymore..

Well if you are going to be like that about it, travel back in time
about 2 months, install debian 7.5, install samba 4.1.9 from backports
and provision, return to now and update to 4.1.11, all you have to do
now, is wait until 4.1.13 gets into backports :-D :-D

Rowland

PS, I cannot recommend using Ubuntu 14.04.