[Samba] centos 5.11 samba3.6.23-6.el5 odd user behaviour

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 06:45:08 MST 2014

Hi
I should have added the following from the error log in /var/log/samba

  smb_pam_account: PAM: UNKNOWN PAM ERROR (12) during Account Management
for User: brian
[2014/11/07 10:30:23.702760,  0] auth/pampass.c:797(smb_pam_accountcheck)
  smb_pam_accountcheck: PAM: Account Validation Failed - Rejecting User
brian!

Peter