[Samba] unavailableCriticalExtension (12)

Kristofer Pettijohn kristofer at cybernetik.net
Thu Nov 6 20:43:03 MST 2014

Oops, wireshark is here: http://d3g4gf9ibk53a1.cloudfront.net/images/samba4aws.png

----- Original Message -----

From: "Kristofer Pettijohn" <kristofer at cybernetik.net>
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Sent: Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:15:04 PM
Subject: [Samba] unavailableCriticalExtension (12)

I am attempting to set up AWS Directory Services to connect with our Samba 4 AD servers, but it is not working. When capturing with Wireshark, I am seeing that Samba 4 is returning "unavailableCriticalExtension (12)"

Below is a screenshot of the LDAP query. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get Wireshark to copy and paste it all to plain-text.

Does anyone have any hints as to what might the issue might be?