[Samba] Secondary DC's

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:55:18 MST 2014

On 05/11/14 21:41, steve wrote:
> On 05/11/14 22:22, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>
>> Care to elaborate on what is missing :-\
>
> Of course. The sections which are included in the blog but missing in
> the wiki and which are necessary to join another DC to the domain.
> HTH,
> José

OK, seeing as how you seem to be too lazy to post what is missing
yourself, this is what I 'think' you are referring to:

sync the builtin gpo stuff
Delete /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb on DC2
Copy /usr/local/samba/private/idmap.ldb from DC1 to the same location on DC2
On DC2:
samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset

kick-start the outbound replication:
samba-tool drs replicate palmera geranio dc=altea,dc=site
repeat for the remaining partitions:
Configuration
Schema
ForestDnsZones