[Samba] Secondary DC's

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 12:19:54 MST 2014

Well the sum total of that exercise was to confirm the all of the INBOUND neighbours on the secondary pdc. they all worked very comfortingly. It still has no outbound. entries
so I tried the same command, reversing the destination and source and I get this:

ERROR(<class 'samba.drs_utils.drsException'>): DsReplicaSync failed - drsException: DsReplicaSync failed (-1073610723, 'NT_STATUS_RPC_PROTOCOL_ERROR')
     On Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 10:48, Peter Serbe <peter at serbe.ch> wrote:

 ray klassen schrieb am 05.11.2014 19:25:

> But thank you for specifying that both 'samba-tool drs showrepl' have to show
> both inbound and outbound
> the secondary only shows inbound. Is there any way to force that?

You are already looking at it. See "kick-start the outbound replication":

>> http://linuxcostablanca.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/samba4-dc-replication-on-ubuntu.html

It is somewhat cursory here. But I did something like this:

samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com
samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 DC=ForestDnsZones,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com
samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 DC=DomainDnsZones,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com
samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 CN=Configuration,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com
samba-tool drs replicate DC2 DC1 CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,dc=samdom,dc=example,dc=com

HTH
Best regards
Peter

PS: maybe, this is the missing part of the wiki??
At least the remark on how to check the replication isn't
that clear within the wiki...