[Samba] Bind Samba4 services on different IPs?

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:32:32 MST 2014

On 03/11/14 19:09, Greg Zartman wrote:
> Can you bind the various samba services on different IPs?
>
> For example:  Bind the DNS on 127.0.0.2 and everything else on 127.0.0.1/LAN
> IP?
>
> Seems to me that the interfaces command is all or nothing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
Hi Greg, why are you trying to make things hard for yourself ? I suppose
that it might just be possible, but why bother, it is something else to
go wrong and you will be running samba4 in a way that is different to
everyone else.

You need to stop thinking in terms of samba3 and make SME work with
samba4 and not the other way round.

Can I suggest that you look at how the "opposition" works, Zentyal.

Rowland