[Samba] D­C2 d­enie­s ac­cess­ whe­­n sa­­ving ­throu­gh th­e­ G

?icro MEGAS micromegas at mail333.com
Sat Nov 1 18:24:37 MDT 2014

Referring to Marc Muehlefeld who has wrote the script and the tutorial for unison/rsync bi-directional sysvol sync and this thread:

http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Samba4-AD-SysVol-Replication-HowTo-Script-td4651469.html

I think the inconsistence comes from the unison/rsync stuff. As Andreas on the mentioned thread said, csync is not capable of syncing extended ACL attributes which is necessary for sysvol syncing. But hey, I though about "csync2". But the PDF here (http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/paper.pdf) says it's not capable of syncing these extended ACL attributes, too. Damn it! :( So it seems that "rsync" is the only tool out there that can sync extended attributes through the -X switch? So, where's the problem then I am facing at the moment? Is it unison on any way?

Mirco.