[Samba] one day AD use -> samba-tool dbcheck reports "Normalisation error for attribute 'objectClass'"

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri May 30 09:59:51 MDT 2014

On 30/05/14 15:57, mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> Hi Rowland, list,
>
> On 05/30/2014 12:42 PM, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>>
>> Are you sure ? the OP said this:
>>
>>   'This morning, right after the classicupgrade,'
> True, I guess I should not have said RIGHT after the classicupgrade.
> (though I don't remember exactly...)
>
> The error appears after editing/adding an account with LAM, I
> determined later. So, I guess that when I first ran the sama-tool
> dbcheck, I already edited something in LAM.
>
> MJ
Again, are you sure LAM added the posixAccount object class ?

Reason I ask is, if you find 'upgrade.py' on your system, open it in
your favourite editor and go to line 141, you will find a block of code
that I think adds users & groups to AD and amongst that block of code
are the words 'posixAccount' & 'posixGroup'. Now I know very little
about python, so if I am wrong in my assumption, then I am sorry and
apologise for raising the subject.

Rowland