[Samba] sanmba4 DC to DC sync: not all attributes are synced

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Thu May 29 08:20:20 MDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I installed a second samba4 DC and join to the first samba4 DC,
following this link
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC,
I added two records to the internal DNS, and checked everything works as
promising.
I did a ldbsearch on the two DCs, I found 5 attributes are not copied
over to the second DC.
ldbsearch -H ldap://localhost/ -U administrator --password=myadminpass
-b "CN=myid,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local"
Here are the 5 attributes not show up on the second DC:
badPasswordTime: 0
badPwdCount: 0
lastLogoff: 130444597380000000
lastLogon: 130444576520000000
logonCount: 0

Is this normal? what I think the ldap records should be the same on both
AD DC after synced.

Thanks,
Allen