[Samba] Totally missing the mark here

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Wed May 28 14:02:41 MDT 2014

Den 23 maj 2014 21:18 skrev "Steve Campbell" <campbell at cnpapers.com>:

> I have to say I probably shouldn't have read that version 3 samba book,
but I did, so I'm thoroughly confused about what I should be doing to get
this server configured properly.

> I have installed the Sernet rpms on this server. For now, I'm going to
run the AD on the same server as the file shares.

> Using the wiki as a guide, I've followed the provisioning but the first
tests don't seem to succeed.

> Am I doing this backwards? Should I first make this server a normal Samba
file server that will allow users to mount shares manually before
proceeding on to AD stuff. I'm not seeing how I can have any valid users or
anything following the wiki. It's like it should be Chapter 44 instead of
the first prolog.

> This is really humbling.
>
> I could use some pointers in how to bring a new server up to an
AD/DC+fileserver.

> Thanks for any help. For now, I'll dig in and read as much as I can.
>
> steve campbell

Hi Steve!

Would you mind following this How-to:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/WIP/Beginner_HowTo_-_SOHO_business_server?