[Samba] adding nt4 server to samba4 AD

Davor Vusir davortvusir at gmail.com
Wed May 28 12:57:06 MDT 2014

Den 28 maj 2014 12:35 skrev "mourik jan heupink - merit" <
heupink at merit.unu.edu>:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to add a windows nt4 (sp6a) server to our samba-4.1.6 active
directory. I installed nt4 as a 'stand alone server'. So far it doesn't
work, I get:

> When selecting to 'create a computer account in the domain':
> - the machine account for this computer either does not exist or is
inaccessible

> If I create a computer account manually, and do not check 'create a
computer account in the domain', I get:
> - unable to contact the domain controller for this domain. Have your
administrator check your computer account on the domain.

> Internet works, dns is set to my AD dns server. (I guess not that it
matters...)

> So, before trying all kinds of stuff...: Is this (adding an nt4 server as
a 'regular client') still supposed to work with recent samba4?

> Kind regards,
> MJ

Cool! Would good ol' DSClient help?
http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=KB;EN-US;Q249841