[Samba] Clear all configuration of an ADC

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue May 27 12:50:57 MDT 2014

Hello Lars,

Am 27.05.2014 19:15, schrieb Lars Hanke:
> I'm trying to set up an ADC using Samba 4.7.1. Reading more and more dox
> I enhance my provisioning line step by step, but as it seems some
> settings persist. Is there any option to put it all back to virgin
> state? If not, which files do I have to delete / replace by defaults?

Remove the auto-generated smb.conf and everything below
/usr/local/samba/private/
(there are the databases of your AD and other stuff created during the
provisioning).

If you alread had started your Samba AD DC, you should remove the
content of the following folders as well:
/usr/local/samba/var/cache/
/usr/local/samba/var/lib/
/usr/local/samba/var/lock/
/usr/local/samba/var/locks/