[Samba] Totally missing the mark here

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri May 23 14:47:06 MDT 2014

Hello Steve,

Am 23.05.2014 22:01, schrieb Steve Campbell:
> That's the link I was following. I got down to the line for testing
> connectivity:
>
> /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L localhost -U%
>
> And I received an error, (I've been glaring at the screen all day and
> can't remember the message, but it's the first thing done other than
> starting samba, so I figure it's a botched job).

* What was the error you have received? Please run the command
  again, if you can't remember the error.

* Is Samba listening on all ports it should?

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_port_usage#Port_usage_when_Samba_runs_as_DC

* What do the Samba logs say?

* Please review the HowTo for steps you have missed.

Regards,
Marc