[Samba] Is there any book about Samba 4?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Fri May 23 06:18:20 MDT 2014

Hello Pablo,

Am 23.05.2014 12:45, schrieb Pablo Sanz:
> We are using Samba 3, and decided to begin the migration to Samba 4.
>
> The first step we are doing in this process is learning about Samba 4.
> We are looking for a good "all-in-one" book, and all we found was the
> Marcelo Leal book "Implementing Samba 4".
>
> We would like to know if there is another book avaliable, or will be
> published soon.

What do you mean with "begin migration to Samba 4"? Do you mean you
simply move your Member Servers and PDC to Samba 4? Or do you plan to
migrate to Samba AD?

And what documentation are you looking for? E. g. many stuff is still
the same or haven't changed much (like Member Server, Print Server, etc.).

For other stuff like how to manage and implement an Active Directory, I
would recommend buying one of the many books about AD/GPO/etc - if you
plan to migrate to Samba AD and not to stay at your NT4-style domain
with Samba4.

And for typical Samba stuff (setup AD DC, manage shares, etc.) you can
find many useful documentation in the Samba Wiki:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Documentation

Regards,
Marc