[Samba] Group instead of User login scripts

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu May 22 07:36:30 MDT 2014

I'm sure these sound like stupid questions, or have really simple
answers, so sorry. The really bad thing is I originally sent these to
samba-bounces. Oops.

Once we get this Samba AD thing installed, we'd like to have users login
and mount particular shares to drive letters based on their group, not
their user. All I've read about this seems to use "user" scripts (along
with the user variables).

By doing this, all departmental users will have the same drive mappings
and we won't need to create individual user login scripts. Is this a
common practice?

steve campbell