[Samba] Samba 4 + Windows XP very slow - especially noticeable with many files

Bram Matthys syzop at vulnscan.org
Tue May 20 09:17:18 MDT 2014

Hi Petr,

I added "force user = root" to my ramdisk share (and added it to valid users
= ..).
On the XP machine I'm testing now, 1000 files of 10kb:
* with force user = root: 24s, 25s, 24s
* without it: 22s, 23s, 24s

So, unfortunately for me it doesn't make a difference. It stays very slow.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

Regards,

Bram.