[Samba] Repository for latest Samba 3.x packaged for Ubuntu Trusty 14.04?

Fri May 16 13:51:09 MDT 2014

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 03:17:46PM -0400, Michael Lueck wrote:
> mourik jan heupink - merit wrote:
> >As far as I know, samba4 can behave _exactly_ like samba3, if you don't configure it to use Active Domain. So, it should (as far as I know) basically be a up-t-date drop-in replacement for samba3, as
> >long as you don't change your smb.conf.
>

> Thank you so much for explaining this. My impression of
> Samba 4.x was that the NT4 style domain controller was no
> longer supported, and only the new AD DC style was
> possible with 4.x code.

Well, if the NT4 style domain is sufficient for you, it's
all still around and supported from a Samba perspective.
It's just that Windows clients support this less and less.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de