[Samba] MS Remote Desktop issue related to Samba 4 ?

Andy Durant adurant at vestec.com
Tue May 13 11:41:28 MDT 2014

This again points to a DNS issue.  If you check your event logs on the
client, you should be able to pull more info.

Double and triple check your DNS setup, both on the clients and servers
and make sure you can resolve all the DCS from the client. Its a fairly
common problem with active directory and DNS.

I suspect if you left it long enough, you would find that it eventually
logs in, and you can successfully login. I've ran into this many times
and occasionally I've waited 20 minutes for everything to fail and
timeout before the desktop appeared.

Andy

<snip>