[Samba] lost rfc2307 settings in AD Manager.

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon May 12 04:24:18 MDT 2014

On 12/05/14 10:51, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
> On my DC at creation, i created my domain with the following line:
>
> samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --use-xattrs=yes --realm= ... etc etc.
>
> and it created smb.conf with.
> idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
Has the line been removed from smb.conf ?

> But when i now look in my AD User manager, no NIS options anymore.
I take it you mean ADUC and the UNIX Attributes tab isn't showing any more.

> Is there a possibility to add it again?

Yes, but just what has gone, have a look at ypServ30.ldif and then try
searching in AD to see if that is still there. If it is just the line
from smb.conf that has disappeared, then the question has to be why ?

> and can this be caused my the zarafa schema import ?

Don't really see how, that zarafa script just seems to be a fancy way of
modifying and then adding a couple of ldif's

> I use this one for the zarafa schema update.
>
> zarafa_schema_add.sh DC=INTERNAL,DC=DOMAIN,DC=TLD /etc/samba/bin/schema/7.1.9/ \
>   -v -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb -writechanges

Rowland