[Samba] How to do basic task: add samba4 member server to samba4 ad dc?

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sat May 10 08:04:44 MDT 2014

Hello Rowland,

Am 10.05.2014 14:33, schrieb Rowland Penny:
> Hi Marc, I think that the OP has a valid point about winbind, nowhere on
> the wiki page that the OP referred to (or here:
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Binary_Distribution_Packages) does it
> advise installing winbind, so how can you set up something that you
> haven't installed ;-)

I haven't installed Samba packages since about 10 years. I've always
compiled it by myself forgot, that maybe sometimes winbind could be
splitted into a separate package.

But I tried to be bit more specific about what is needed now: :-)
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_AD_Member_Server#Installing_Samba

 > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Binary_Distribution_Packages)

That page really needs to be renewed by someone :-)

Regards,
Marc