[Samba] "--use-xattrs=yes" after domain provision (samba4)?

John Westerlund john at iniq.se
Sat May 10 03:27:28 MDT 2014

Hi Andrew and tanks for your time,

samba-tool domain provision --domain=DOMAIN --adminpass=secret \
--dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL --server-role=dc --realm=ad.domain.como

After provision i followed this guide to get "--use-rfc2307"

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2013-November/177087.html

And then i raised the domain/function level to 2008_r2 manual.

Here is my smb.conf

#smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = DOMAIN
	realm = ad.domain.com
	netbios name = DC01
	interfaces = 192.168.100.100
	dns forwarder = 192.168.100.20
	allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
#	debug level = 5
[netlogon]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ad.domain.com/scripts
	read only = No

[sysvol]
	path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
	read only = No