[Samba] Advisable to upgrade Samba4 Server from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:17:25 MDT 2014

     I see no reason myself to upgrade at this moment. I wanted to
verify if improvements in Samba would warrant using the latest Kernel. I
also noticed in the release notes this.

"Filesystems - general performance and latency improvements have been
made across the board for filesystems such as Btrfs, XFS, and Ext4.
Metadata checksumming and improved quota support for Btrfs, XFS, and
Ext4 have been included as well as Ext2/3 support via the Ext4 driver. "

I plan to do a lot of folder redirecting and file sharing. Any real
world benefits moving to the latest version?

--
-James