[Samba] Samba36 error on install - Freebsd 9.2

Leander Schäfer info at netocean.de
Wed May 7 11:10:51 MDT 2014

Please send the output of

cat /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba

and

cat /etc/rc.conf

also the output of rc when you start the server. On my FreeBSD 10 I
would use something like

service samba_server start
or
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba_server start

Otherwhise - port or pkg related questions / issues should be routed to
the responsible person for this port or pkg. In order to find out who is
responsible for a package you can use the pkg suite cmd pkg_info
${PackageName} or navigate to freshports

http://www.freshports.org/CATEGORY/UNIQUENAME
in your case
http://www.freshports.org/net/samba36

For Samba it should be Timur. You can contact him via mail BUT only if
you ensured that you misconfiguration did not cause the problem:
timur at FreeBSD.org
<mailto:timur at FreeBSD.org?subject=net/samba41%20on%20FreeBSD%2010.0%2DRELEASE%20%28amd64%29&body=Hi%20Timur%0A%0A...%0A%0ABest%20regards%0A>

;)