[Samba] Problems with samba AD

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue May 6 12:42:27 MDT 2014

Hello Thomas,

first: Which Samba version are you running?

Am 03.05.2014 13:35, schrieb thomas.haag at freenet.de:
> First on I can't get anaonymous login (Guest) working. I'm able
> to log on account nobody by using smbclient, but when trying
> to logon from a Windows 7 or 8 client, authentification is not
 > working.

I never tried using a guest account on a DC. So I can't say if this is
working.

Can you show your smb.conf please? Expecially 'map to guest' and 'guest
account'. But please post the complete smb.conf

> Second the permissions of my shares are not working like
 > I expect them to. Either evrybody is allowed to see
 > evrythin in my environment or Users are able to connect
 > to the share but can't read any data on them.
 > (Access denied). I played a lot with acl and chmod, but
 > don't get the right settings.

Can you verify, that you did not miss anything and configured the share
and permissions like described?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_and_configure_file_shares

Regards,
Marc