[Samba] idmap config / Is it necessary in my smb.conf file?

lp101 lingpanda101 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:22:31 MDT 2014

Thank you. Can you maybe clarify this sentence from the wiki(Setup A
Samba AD Member Server).

"For all non-domain accounts (like the local Administrator, etc.) the
mappings are stored with this configuration in a local TDB file and the
IDs are taken from the given range. The local range must not overlap
with the one specified for your domain! "

Am I defining the local accounts with this line?

  idmap config *:range = 70001 - 80000

And Domain accounts with this line?

idmap config SAMDOM:range = 500-40000

Should I use these default ranges or can you point me in the direction
to read more about these values? Thanks.