[Samba] Samba 3 to 4 Migration Workgroup/Logon problem

Bruno Andrade bma at eurotux.com
Tue May 6 04:31:49 MDT 2014

Hey,

I'm testing a migration from samba 3 to samba4. On samba 3 smb.conf, I
have and workgroup=EXAMPLE.COM and now, on samba4, after the migration I
have workgroup=EXAMPLE and realm=EXAMPLE.COM.
My problem is that on workstations already joined to domain, on samba3,
are incapable of authenticating/login against the same domain in samba 4
without rejoining the domain.
The infrastructure in question is pretty big and it's not viable to
rejoining each workstation to the domain.
I think the problem comes from the workgroup difference, but I'm not shure.

Someone had the same problems or know any workaround?

Thanks in advance.