[Samba] Guest Access/Computer Access when Security = ADS

Chan Min Wai dcmwai at gmail.com
Sat May 3 13:05:44 MDT 2014

Dear All,

I'm trying allow the share a folder for guess access.

--> Was trying to use the GPO software deployment.

The last time I success on this was when I've the PC administrator password
same as the Domain Administrator (and I change it for good)

Can help to advise how and what would the setting be?

I've try to set
guest account = nobody (nobody exist on local)
linux nobody:x:65534:65534:nobody:/var/empty:/bin/false

[public]
        comment = Public Software
        path = /public
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

But still users cannot access without username or password...

How can I allow pc to access to the files (when using local administrator
login)
Or I'm just doing it the wrong way

Please advise...