[Samba] shadow_copy2 not working

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Mon Mar 31 13:57:54 MDT 2014

Tom Jermy wrote:
> Anyone? (TIA)
>

> On 28 March 2014 16:44, Tom Jermy <tomjermy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been trying to get shadow copy / previous versions working under
>> sernet-samba-ad-4.1.6-7.el6.x86_64. I cannot see where I am going wrong. I
>> have:
>>
>> [TekShare]
>>         path = /home/TekShare
>>         read only = No
>>         vfs objects = shadow_copy2
>>         shadow:snapdir = TekShareSnap
>>         shadow:basedir = /home/TekShare
>>
>> The directory & file system looks like this:
>>
>> [root at dc @GMT-2014.03.28-14.36.11]# cat /etc/fstab | grep lv_home
>> /dev/mapper/vg_dc-lv_home /home ext4 user_xattr,acl,barrier=1 1 1

----
Isn't the snapdir relative to path, ... I.e. we would
see it in /home/TekShare/TekShareSnap -- which isn't where you want it.

I have:
[home]
  acl group control = yes
  map acl inherit = yes
  inherit acls = yes
  follow symlinks = yes
  wide links = yes
  path = /home
  vfs objects = acl_xattr streams_xattr recycle shadow_copy2
  recycle: keeptree = true
  shadow:snapdir = /home/.snapdir
  shadow:basedir = /home
----
Specifically -- I have snapdir listed as an absolute path.
I included other possibly useful and/or related settings ... acls stored
as xattrs,
streams stored as xattrs, "recycle" unrelated but 'a good thing'...I left
off things I didn't think were related.  It may just be the abs-path...
and the **onlything** in my ".snapdir" are the snapdirs...
(don't know if that makes a difference), but could make
/Techshare/.snapdir and only have symlinks to the snapdirs in it.

Likely you need to honor symlinks, I don't know if wide symlinks apply --
I wouldn't think so.

>  ll /home/.snapdir
total 56
drwxr-xr-x 35 4096 Mar 31 05:27 @GMT-2014.03.05-03.07.15/