[Samba] suggestions for a "fast" fileserver - 1G / 10G - focus on smb.conf/samba

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Mar 31 01:14:30 MDT 2014

Am 25.03.14 13:24, schrieb Sabuj Pattanayek:
>     Why do I get r/w speed around 80-90MB/s with ftp or scp and only
>     +-40MB/s on samba?
>

> Did you set? :
>
> max protocol = SMB2
<...>

> Like I said before, I got the same 40MB/s when connected at SMBv1 .

Hi,

I hadn'd have  that option enabled yet and gave it a try:

max protocol = SMB2 -> close to 25% more performance :) Great.

In the bets test run writing 300 MB Files from an OS X Client 10.9 to a
smb share is now average of 60 MB/s. (before best was around 45 MB/s)

	Thanks . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt