[Samba] FW: Compile kernel with Xeon instructions was: suggestions for a "fast" fileserver - 1G / 10G - focus on smb.conf/samba

Oscar Aparicio Holgado pelucheloko at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 04:48:59 MDT 2014

hi there!
I have compiled one or two kernels in the past with localmodconfig option :-))
I will try to compile this one 3.13.7 kernel and make a try.
For the moment i have createt 3 virtual machines in my computer, two debian servers with sernet samba "classic", one with xfs and another one with ext4, and w7 machine.
I have copied 4 gb  iso file to debians servers and i have noticed that xfs is more faster to write than ext4 server.
I will try compiling this kernel in the xfs virtual machine and try :))
Thanks!