[Samba] winbind bug?

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Thu Mar 27 14:07:39 MDT 2014

I am certain that this is all down to the non standard way you are using
samba and AD, you have a user ID in /etc/passwd and I 'think' that
winbind is giving your user a different one.

Can you elaborate on this?  Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by
"winbind giving your user a different one".  When this user maps, his
proper unix id shows up in the logs.  Is that what you mean?

> as far as I am concerned, you came up with your non-standard way of
> doing things and do not want to listen to advice from anybody, so you
> fix it!!!
>
> Rowland
Rowland, I'm not trying to make you mad.  I have listened to advice.  I
have made changes to a running server on the fly even at times I didn't
understand why or thought it wouldn't make a difference.  My conf file
looks different than it did 2 hours ago based on people's advice.

I don't know what I'm doing "non standard".  Most of the configuration I
got from the samba wiki how to:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_&_Active_Directory and from a
centos how to I found.  I have a samba 3.033 box set up this same way.
I have the users with trouble mapping to it for now and they work.  I
didn't come up with anything on my own, just from the community how to's.