[Samba] winbind bug?

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:25:29 MDT 2014

[root at lylesmb1 samba]# getent passwd tuckerd
tuckerd:vpEMa0kDPwsvM:4011:500:Doug Tucker:/users4/enoc/tuckerd:/bin/bash

[root at lylesmb1 samba]# getent passwd jghorbanian
jghorbanian:pgPJ8tAYoZaFo:11333:450:Jafar
Ghorbanian:/users5/megrad/jghorbanian:/bin/bash

[root at lylesmb1 samba]# id tuckerd
uid=4011(tuckerd) gid=500(seasadm) groups=500(seasadm)

[root at lylesmb1 samba]# id jghorbanian
uid=11333(jghorbanian) gid=450(cmegrad) groups=450(cmegrad)

tuckerd works
jghorbanian does not work...on windows 7...works on windows XP...note
his unix ID# > 11000...i changed his unix id to 3308 and then he worked
just fine.

Sincerely,

Doug Tucker